Many consider craps as an intimidating casino game. However, it is also livelier and unique because the players roll the dice. In other table games, somebody else spins the little marble or deals the cards. In Craps, your fate rests in your own hands. Before we start look at this article to find out what craps is.
Rolling the Dice
Every player takes turns to roll the dice. The one who rolls the dice is the “shooter.” Whether or not they are a shooter, everyone bets before a come-out roll, which is the first roll of the shooter of any turn. The shooter will keep on rolling until he rolls a seven before he rolls a point again (seven out).
How to Win at Craps
While it is impossible to gain an advantage over the “house,” you can still reduce your spills and increase your thrills.
Choose the Smartest Bets
- Prioritize the safest bets – This minimizes your risk. Though the house will still have an edge, you can expect this to be as small as possible.
- Take pass bets – The simplest bet in Craps is the pass bet. It pays even money and has a low house advantage of 1.41%.
- Take don’t pass bets – This is almost the reverse of the pass bet, with a house edge of only 1.36%. Note, though, that most players usually make pass bets. When you make don’t pass bets, you will lose when they win and vice versa.
Pick Craps game wisely
- Find “downtown” tables – This does not refer to the location of the casino, but the table that uses a “downtown” payout system. This has a low house edge.
- Find games with “veteran” dice setters – While they say that dice setting only gives the shooter a small advantage, it still won’t hurt your chances to follow the shooter’s bets.
Apply general gambling techniques
- Budget – Do not spend more money than you planned to.
- Set limits – Know when to stop gambling. Do not play for so long when you are winning because you will eventually lose to the house.
- Quit when you are ahead – Always cash out when you are ahead.
Just enjoy when playing craps. It is one of the most fun and exciting casino games, especially if you win.